Parent/Guardian Consultations - Phone & In-Person
If you have questions about your child's learning disabilities or ADHD, or if your child is struggling in school and you’re not sure what to do, contact us! If you suspect your child may have a learning disability, have questions about your child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), psycho-educational assessment or have questions about school communication, we’d be more than happy to speak with you. Call Kathy Clark, our Resource Development and Client Services Coordinator at (519) 438-6213 x26 or email email@example.com.
• Calls and e-mails will be returned Monday - Thursday
• In-person consultations are by appointment only (Fee - $25.00)
Parent Support Group
Do you have a child with a learning disability and/or ADHD? Do you need an open, supportive, educational setting to share your experiences? If so, come join us!
This support group meets selected Mondays of every month at the LDA - London Region office from 6:45 – 8:15 PM (September – May).
Our open, supportive and educational setting offers:
- Discussions – a chance to share your own experience
- Professional direction on issues of peer interaction, school communication and family dynamics
- Mini-workshops on common parental struggles
- Books, websites, handouts, and other resources that can help
- Guest speakers
- Referrals for individual consultation as needed
Our Parent Advocacy will lead parents through informative training that will allow them to better advocate for their children. Resources which share current, usable information as well as collaborative strategies for working with schools and school professionals will frame the sessions.
We are available to accompany families to IPRC and team meetings. As an advocate we will provide support, information and may speak on your behalf regarding your child’s learning disability and/or ADHD. An advance preparation meeting with the advocate is mandatory. Please further note that a minimum of 1½ weeks notice is required for the Resource Development and Client Services Coordinator to attend a school meeting. In addition, assessment and IEP documents must be provided to the LDA - London Region at least one week prior to the meeting. Some fees are applicable for this service.For more information, please contact Kathy Clark, Resource Development and Client Services Coordinator at (519) 438-6213 x26 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent, Family and Adult Resource Library
• Access to lending library of books & DVDs
• LDAO Fact Sheets on LD & ADHD
• LDAO On-Line Courses for Parents & Educators
• List of recommended websites