The study is still recruiting children who struggle with reading skills. As part of their study participation, all children who meet the study’s eligibility criteria get a free psycho-educational assessment and a detailed report describing their strengths and weaknesses identified within our battery of tests. The report can be used to help the family and school make decisions regarding educational planning tailored to the child’s needs.
Families needed for SickKids research study on the genetics of reading disabilities
Who can apply?
Children aged 6 to 16 who struggle with reading, and their parents
1. Eligibility screening
2. Eligible families come to SickKids for one full day of study participation, involving the following:
- Psycho-educational assessment for the child
- Parent interviews and questionnaires
- Blood sample from child and parents
3. Following participation, families will receive a detailed report describing the results of their child’s psycho-educational assessment, which may be helpful with educational planning
How do I apply?
Contact Kirsten Blokland, PhD:
416-813-8207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This study is funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research
Study recruiting participants until March 2019, and possibly beyond