We are always looking for dedicated volunteers in these areas:
- Student Buddy - Working one-on-one with students and using hands-on activities, you will assist the Program Coordinator with small group activities and games, and help provide strategy instruction.
- Academic Tutor - Providing one-to-one tutoring sessions for students in grades 3 to 8, you still assist with homework or extra instruction and practice with academic subjects like reading, writing and math. Tutors plan their own sessions, with resources and assistance from the Program Coordinator as needed.
- Guidance Tutor - Leading one-on-one tutoring sessions designed to provide coaching and guidance in areas such as organization, note taking, studying techniques and time management. Tutors plan their own sessions, with resources and assistance from the Program Coordinator as needed.
- Office Assistant - Volunteers offer support to staff team with tasks such as organization, typing, data entry, photocopying, filing and other tasks as needed on specific projects.
- Fundraising Events Volunteer - Volunteers with an interest in events support the staff team and Fund Development Committee with promotions/marketing, solicitation of sponsorships, prizes and other items, as well as planning and event day set-up. Strong skills in planning, event execution and creativity are essential.
- Board of Directors Volunteer - Board Directors share responsibility with the entire board as the leadership body for the organization. Directors are responsible for governing the affairs of LDA - LR within the framework of relevant legislation and standards. The Board sets LDA’s mission and is responsible for its stability (financial, programs and services, CEO’s activity) as well as strong linkages within the community which support its mission.
If you are interested in helping us, please complete our volunteer application by clicking below or contact Kathie Chute, Program Coordinator by phone at (519) 438-6213 ext. 24 or by email.
Click the button to complete our volunteer inquiry form. Once completed, please email the form to our Program Coordinator.